CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Purpose?

I was informed by my friend Jess tonight that I've been neglecting my blog. I confess - it's been a long week. Despite the recent challenges, I've been able to enjoy some fun stuff this week. Tonight, for example, at the Superbowl party at Steve and Jessica's. We laughed a lot and just had fun.

I'd have to say that the highlight of my week was Friday evening. After work I went straight to a Creative Memories meeting. There my team recongized my recent promotion to Unit Leader. That was great, but the really meaningful part was when we talked about the purpose of why we are doing this. This, in the conversation, was being a Creative Memories Consultant. But you could ask the same question in just about any area of your life. "What is my purpose in doing this?" It really got me thinking about how so often we start out doing something for the right reasons, but then get caught up in the "stuff" - money, fame, popularity, etc. So I've been trying to evaluate the different activities I'm involved in with that thought in mind - what is my purpose? I don't know that there is a right answer to the question. It seems the important thing is to know what your purpose is and keep your focus on that, not allowing yourself to be caught up in the extras. And if you are doing something but can't figure out what your purpose it, perhaps you shouldn't be doing it.

Well, I think that is all the thought I can squeeze out of my brain at this time of night. My hubby's already asleep, and I should probably join him.

0 comments: