CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Big Belly Update

Well I officially have 12 days left until my due date. 12 Days!! TWELVE DAYS!?!?!?! Yes, it is really coming to an end. I am actually hoping for this little girl to arrive a little before my due date. Perhaps next week sometime. But God's in control and He'll choose when we get to meet her. I'd like to get through this weekend because we are having a shower for my friend Sarah, and because Scott's parents will be in Mass this weekend.

Here's a couple photos of me on Sunday at 38 weeks at Scott's parent's house:












Some people say I don't look like I'm ready to have this baby, and others say I look ready to pop. Personally, I have been feeling a bit more tired lately and often have a hard time getting comfortable. I also wake up at least 2 times, but usually 3, every night. This usually involves a trip downstairs to go pee, sometimes heating up my rice pad, and often having a small snack.

Other joys of the final weeks are the emotional ups and downs. I am SO excited to meet our little girl, to hold her, to get to know her, and to find out what it's like to be a mom. At the same time, I am totally freaked out about getting through the labor process, as well as the concept of bringing home a totally dependent, helpless little creature that we have to care for. Thankfully, Scott is such a great support and lets me cry or talk or whatever I need to do. Then he tells me that he knows I can do it (the labor thing) and that I'll be a great mom. Boy I hope he's right! And I do know that no matter what happens, everything will be okay. I know that God will give me the strength I need, and that once our baby is here it will all be worth it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I working?

Anonymous said...

Okay. whew! I am...it's Amy, by the way. HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!!!! You are almost ready to have your baby!!!! Oh my blessed word!!!!! That's all I can say! I just got so excited right now. I MUST see you soon! how in the world are you? We are finally settled....I think. Trying to find the new norm...Man, I love you! Sooo excited for you...you guys rock, and you will be awesome throughout it all!

Anonymous said...

My doctor put it this way...you have a bad day, then you have a sweet little baby! Labor isn't fun, but you will be able to handle it! And you will be a great mom...and will have all kinds of support (with your friends, young and older, and your family)! Take all the help you're offered...don't try to handle it all alone!

Debby B.

Sarah said...

You look fantabulous. Everyone has an opinion, most say I look really small but like Debbie told me, "people like to talk".

I'm totally there with you on the whole getting up 3 times a night and the rice pack, but not quite there yet with the emotions of the pending labor since we still have like 6 weeks. But Jason often remarks that he can't believe they're going to let us come home with the baby!