CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Walking the dog

Whenever we decide to take the dog for a walk, there's always something interesting that happens. Today I called Scott up from work and asked if he wanted to meet me at the Bangor City Forest for a walk. He agreed, albeit reluctantly, and at 3:20 we were headed down the path with Mia. Scott and I have different theories about Mia and whether she should always be on a leash when we walk in the forest. So, she was off leash, of course, when she ran down a side trail and crammed her entire head into what appeared to be some kind of poop. Lovely. Later when we encountered a stream, we tried to get some of it off her, but nonetheless, the smell remained. Scott said she could go home in my vehicle.

I decided to take advantage of the self-service dog wash at Petco. Wouldn't you know, they require you to have proof of rabies vaccination? Silly me - I forgot to bring that with me today. So I determined that she would be getting a bath when we got home. Mia does not like baths. She doesn't like going near the tub. We managed to get her in, and once she was there, she sort of cowered and sulked for the rest of the time. She did enjoy, however, the yummy peanut butter Scott fed to her as a reward for participating in this experience.

Anyway, we now have a shiny, clean dog. She looks and smells so much better! I know it'll happen again, probably the next time we take a walk in the woods, but hey - at least she'll look good for a few days....

2 comments:

Scott said...

It was on "Moose Trail" that she found the poopoo... I can only assume what sort of beast left it there. Judging by the amount of poo on her face, I'm going to say Moose poo.

Anonymous said...

Dogs are stupid.

Don't take my word for it - it's in the Bible.